We are currently seeking a highly motivated, dedicated and suitably experienced person who will provide a prompt responsive service in maintaining the facilities and grounds on site to a high standard providing a safe environment for the entire school community.
Caloundra Christian College is a Pre-Kindy to Year 12 independent Christian school on the Sunshine Coast. We are on an exciting journey of growth, change and innovation which will see us connecting our College ethos and values with a bold, student-centred future; one which epitomises our core belief, that each child is unique and created in God’s image to succeed and live a life of purpose and fulfilment, and our vision, to see our students and staff flourish.
We are looking for a reliable individual with prior experience working in a role in a similar environment and has a working understanding of basic grounds equipment and maintenance to perform duties including:
- Carry out day to day repairs and maintenance of all College buildings and implement a system of preventative maintenance to ensure effective and efficient use of all facilities
- Responsible for general upkeep of the entire grounds including mowing, weeding, planting, mulching, pruning, and watering
- Manage and maintain own work environment and work practices
- Work with volunteers and work experience students
- Be involved in College events, assist with parking, setting up, and pack down etc.
- Movement and set up / pack down of equipment (shade covers, sound system, furniture etc.) for events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and skills in using a variety of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of buildings / grounds
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions, awareness of WHS practice
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, parents, staff, and sub-contractors
- Ability to understand and follow rules, oral and written instructions, regulations, policies and procedures
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform the duties and responsibilities of the job
- Basic computer skills including emailing and scheduling appointments
Applicants are required to demonstrate a Christian commitment consistent with the College’s Ethos and must have or be willing to obtain a ‘Working with children blue card’ and a current first aid certificate with CPR.
Please review the position description for further information.
If this is you, please complete an Application Form which is available on our website www.calcc.qld.edu.au under Contact then Employment. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com. Applications close Friday 20 December 2019 (Only those shortlisted will be contacted.)