Caloundra Christian College is a Pre-Kindy to Year 12 independent Christian school on the Sunshine Coast. We are on an exciting journey of growth, change, and innovation which will see us connecting our College ethos and values with a bold, student-centred future; one which epitomises our core belief, that each child is unique and created in God’s image to succeed and live a life of purpose and fulfilment, and our vision, to see our students and staff flourish.
We are currently seeking a pioneering, professional and passionate (0.6 FTE) teacher for Music (Prep to Year 10) to commence at the start of Term 1 2020. Initially, this position will be for a twelve-month contract to cover maternity leave.
The successful person will have a desire to be part of a team of committed educators who are creating a learning community that authentically seeks to see each student grow in their own individual gifts, abilities and passions. Our practices are rooted in the belief that students learn best when they feel safe and loved, and are genuinely engaged and challenged by purposeful, creative, differentiated opportunities to learn about themselves and the impact they can make in the world they live in.
We will be looking for someone who can create and build an engaging, modern music curriculum and co-curricular programs. They will be responsible for facilitating, promoting and increasing student participation, as well as:
- Plan and teach creative, engaging and modern music program that reflects our Christian ethos.
- Develop a healthy, student-focused P-12 co-curricular program that promotes and encourages a positive profile of music and performance within the College and beyond.
- Lead a variety of music co-curricular opportunities for students.
- Ensure the Music Program is showcased to the broader College and wider community through quality performances at key events and eisteddfods.
- Collaborate with other staff in the successful staging of performances.
- Support the Creative Team and its involvement in College Chapels.
- Coordinate and be responsible for the development and leading of a healthy College choir program.
All applicants must hold a current Queensland Teacher Registration, be eligible to work in Australia and are required to demonstrate a Christian commitment consistent with the College’s ethos.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete an application form. Applications must be submitted with an application form and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Applications close Monday 28 October 2019.